Submissions- Hands Up Who's In!

I am toying with an idea. It’s not the most original idea in the world, but I want to create and curate an online site. I want to fill it with great works and make sure that the original writer gets the credit for it.

It’s going to be called ‘The Finest Example‘ and I’d like it to have a magazine feel. The site is yet to be built fully, and I’ll be registering the domain in due course. In the meantime, I am tentatively on the lookout for writers to submit.

Submit your short stories, poetry, essays and articles on politics, music, life, philosophy, science, or anything and if they are the finest example, they will get featured. I’ll be writing some formal submission guidelines when I can, but for now, I’m just trying to get a feel of the interest I may get.

I will include a back link to your site and a bio on any page. I’m hoping that with the right quality material, we can create something great.

If you are interested, drop me an email! If you know someone else who may be interested, share this with them! I may be after editors to help me too, if that sounds like your thing, let me know too!

Join 2,291 other followers

22 Comments Add yours

1. Hi Kim. Sounds great. You can send multiple items at once. All I ask is that you email all of a particular type of piece in one email. Eg, poems in one, fiction in another etc and say what type of piece is contained in the email subject. 🙂

2. Kim Smyth says:

I have some pieces that need a home, like this humorous poem I wrote that talks about my lack of sleep, and a few other things. Should I submit one at a time and let you review first?

Liked by 1 person

3. Drop an email to contact@peterwynmosey.com submissions will be going on a new site called The Finest Example

Liked by 1 person

4. I’m getting lost among the web sites here, but I’d be willing to submit something for consideration

Liked by 1 person

5. I would be keen to hear more about this too – I will email you some links to my “better” blogposts, you can decide if they’re “the finest example”!

6. Chris Hewitt says:

Sounds like a bit of fun. Always happy to lend a hand. Even if I can’t claim to be producing the finest example of anything 😉

Liked by 1 person

7. Awesome! I’d definitely be interested in this!

Liked by 1 person

8. Will do. I’m sure you’ll hear lots as soon as it gets going!

9. I’ll start getting some more solid ideas together and work out a full set of submission guidelines.

10. tnkerr says:

Give us more info. I might be up to helping when I can.

11. A.S. says:

This sounds interesting! I would love to see where it goes, please keep me posted.

Liked by 1 person

12. I will do. I need to work out a policy! Out of interest, what would work for you?

13. Violet Lentz says:

I am not interested in publishing in the traditional sense, but given more info I might be interested in this venue. I definitely need more information though especially concerning the editing rights to the works submitted. Keep us informed.

14. Keep me in the loop, as I’d be happy to do what I can…

15. Prior... says:

Sounds like an inspired idea!

Liked by 1 person

16. I’m up for any help you want to provide. If you want to submit writing or artwork, let me know! Similalrly, if you’re up for helping out curating and editing (not sure how that would work yet) also let me know 🙂

17. msnyder1970 says:

I’m game to lend any kind of help you may need.

Liked by 1 person

18. I second that, You Little Charmer!

Liked by 2 people