I am very honoured that I have been nominated for a sunshine blogger award! I was nominated by Bulbul who is a talented writer, and a positive member of the writing community on here. She has taken part in one of my collaborations and is always really supportive of my writing, and from what I have seen- other people’s too! If you’re not already following her- do so!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- List the rules and display an award logo on blog post.
- Answer the 11 questions
- Nominate 11 new blogs.
- Ask nominees 11 new questions
- What is your ultimate goal as a blogger?
Who knows? I started out wanted to promote myself as a writer so that I could earn money. I’ve come to realize that this is a place that I should use to develop my skills and network with other writers. The community here has become very important to me as it matters to me that I see the same people coming and checking in on me- and then I see their blogs and I am very often blown away by the writing. There are some inspiring writers on here who make me want to be better! I’ve started really wanting to engage with the community and to try and give back to other writers in whatever ways I can.
- What kind of blogs do you like to read/follow?
There is a fairly eclectic mix. I am a prolific feed-scourer. I tend to go for shorter-form posts, so flash fiction and poetry. I follow a few music-related blogs, as well as a couple of great artists too. I tend to read everything that uses certain tags, so find that I naturally end up seeing the same writers daily. I’m not a prolific ‘follower’ though, and if I do follow someone, it generally means that I really admire their work. My day job is ghostwriting for commercial/ influencer blogs; so I do tend to read a lot of lifestyle and business articles too.
- What is your guilty pleasure?
There is probably a lot of music that I enjoy that may be considered as a guilty pleasure by some- but I feel no guilt for that. I was raised Catholic, so we don’t talk about guilt.
- What is your favorite TV series?
In terms of the writing- probably the Breaking Bad franchise. I enjoy quite a few series- most recently really enjoyed the third season of Atypical.
- Name a fictional character (from TV/books/movies) you’d want to date.
Amelie, from the film of the same name. She seems lovely and a bit quirky.
- What are the three problems that you’d want to solve ASAP?
1. Climate change. Everyone should be doing their bit! Reduce waste, use less heavy polluting vehicles, switch to green energy, eat less meat and dairy, plant trees, conserve water, make greener buying choices.
2. The swing towards right-wing populism. I feel like Brexit and Trump have paved the way for freedom of bigoted speech. We’re living in a post-fact society that believes it’s okay to slam people who are a different colour, gender, sexuality, or nationality.
3. Rampant consumerism. It’s getting a bit boring now. Don’t well all own enough stuff yet?
- How do you avoid depression?
I don’t. It has plagued me off-and-on throughout my life. This year has been a tough one, and I have had several really bad years in the past. I’ve tried meds again recently, but it’s not really for me and I am currently coming off them. I know that I am less prone to depression when I am eating, sleeping, and exercising well. Although, I go through phases with these things. Having some kind of creative and intellectual output helps somewhat too. I tend to isolate myself and disconnect from friends too, so I know that social activities do help- I just need to push myself to do them. I’m not the best person at helping myself though when it comes to my depression and I know that at times I am very guilty of feeding the black dog on my shoulder. I think that very often I don’t actually know how I feel. When I am numb to my emotions I bury anything that I can’t comprehend, and it never gets processed so I know that I need to learn who to handle my emotions better.
- If you have an option of trading your life with anybody on this planet would you do it? and with whom?
All things considered, I am not sure I know how to be me- so I’d be pretty stuffed trying to be someone else.
- What is love for you?
Understanding. Connection. Attraction. And so much more.
- What does your perfect day looks like?
Some relaxing and a nice walk on the beach with my wife and our dog. Lots of really nice food, and maybe a good movie.
- What place (on this earth) would you recommend me to visit and why?
Wales- we have some of the most beautiful beaches on the planet! It’s a land of poetry and song.
- What is your favourite song, and when did you first hear it?
- If you became the leader of the country that you live, what would be the first thing that you would change?
- What is one item of clothing that you own that you would not want to part with?
- How many countries have you ever visited?
- Books or e-readers?
- What is your favourite movie? Why?
- When and where do you do most of your writing?
- What has been a job that you have had that you have liked the least?
- What does your morning ritual look like?
- Do you often remember your dreams when you wake up?
- What would be one piece of advice you would give to someone starting a blog?