Christmas Writing Challenge#1

‘The Christmas Star’

Big-time YouTuber ‘Porky-pie’ is on course to break all records. With a Christmas live stream scheduled that promises to break the internet, he could not be any more arrogant if he tried.

Seeing Christmas as ‘just a marketing tool’ he shuns those around him in exchange for bathing in YouTube Analytics and sycophantic comments.

The night before the biggest online event ever, Porky is met by three ghosts. The ghost of internet past, Berners-Lee attempts to show that the internet was never designed to sustain Porky’s ego, and that if he continued on his megalomaniac course he would bring about server-overload on a global scale.

The second ghost, Zuckerberg , shows him the true meaning of Christmas- writing on the walls of those that you love whilst viewing targeted advertising- there can be a human connection even in the face of the rampant capitalist machine.

The third ghost; the ghost of the internet future shows a baron wasteland of distorted kitten memes masking right-wing hate, where lesser YouTuber’s drop a billion view videos daily .

The next morning Porky awakes to find that he is suddenly a nice person. He goes out into the street and starts hugging random strangers, and not because of the ‘likes’.

DAY 1 of my Christmas Writing Challenge Watching: Love Actually

Join 2,128 other followers

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

7 Comments Add yours

1. chaoticblonde says:

Oh Pete, you do crack me up! What a great readπŸ’«

Liked by 1 person

2. Violet Lentz says:

Off to a good start. I don’t do facebook or youtube personalities, but I am not above reading about either! Especially when they get what it sounds like they had coming and it ends humanely.

Liked by 1 person

3. kachaiweb says:

Oh that’s even better πŸ™‚ Piewdiepie is a ‘big’ YouTuber and I thought you named him Porky-Pie. See the connection? 🀣🀣🀣
    I send out Christmas cards last year, I’m really a grannie πŸ™‚
    No messages, ok, that’s even worse! I’m surprised Zuckerberg hasn’t invented some add-on for that with some ‘small in your face’ ads!

4. I don’t even know what a PewDiePie even is 🀣 I am so out of touch!
    I think people don’t send messages so much if I’m honest. It hasn’t been replaced by anything that I’m aware of…πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Liked by 1 person

5. kachaiweb says:

That was fun! I guess you don’t ‘like’ Pewdiepie? I don’t know what he’s up to, I don’t follow the ‘drama’.
    But as for making true connections and all, I have a question. I remember, – years ago! – that we used to send friends and family who were not around us on New Years Eve messages with the best wishes and so on. So is this still going on or do my friends not care about me because last year I got two messages (which is fine). A side of celebrating together is there something new going on that I am not aware of?

Liked by 1 person

6. Cynt says:

πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ I want to watch this movie, just to see who would be the ghost of the internet future.

Liked by 1 person